* 2 cups unsalted butter creamed slightly softened
* 6 cups powdered sugar or until thick*
* 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
* 1/4 cup of half and half
* 10 oreos finely chopped and sifted on
* 1/2 cup butter unsalted
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 4 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup of all purpose flour
* 2/3 cup of bread flour
* 1/2 cup baking cocoa
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
* 1/2 cup of water
Time to bake!
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream a 1/2 cup of unsalted butter and 1 and a 1/2 cup of sugar until fluffy. Scrape the bowl with a spatula so that your mix is in the center of the bowl.
2. In a small bowl crack 4 eggs and whisk together with your two teaspoons of vanilla extract. Add mixture and using your spatula make sure you get as much of the egg mixture as possible. Beat at a medium speed for 2 minutes then beat on high for an two additional minutes.
3. In a medium size bowl: Combine 1 cup of all purpose flour, 2/3 cup of bread flower, 1/2 cup of sifted baking cocoa, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add dry ingredients into butter mixture. Beat on low for 2 minutes, then medium for 2-5 minutes or until well mixed.
4. In a small bowl whisk your 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream. Add this into the batter and slowly mix in until cupcake batter takes on a smooth mousse or pudding consistency. Be sure to utilize your spatula and scrape the sides one last time and beat on high for two minutes for a perfect consistency.
5. The recipe makes 24 cupcakes so fill your paper lined cups two thirds full and bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Make sure to check though by inserting a toothpick and making sure that there’s no batter present. Let cool completely before frosting. 🙂
Cookies and Cream Frosting
1. In a large mixing bowl beat your 2 cups of softened unsalted butter. Should take 2-5 minutes. Once the butter is creamed add 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of whipping cream, 1/4 cup of half and half. Beat on high until fully mixed with a smooth appearance. Mixing on a slow to medium speed add 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time until frosting is thick and maintains its ripples after mixing. .To give it the appearance of soft serve ice cream as seen in the picture above. Refer to this great video of frosting!
2. Welcome back! I hope the video was helpful! Alright now, go ahead and crush 10 Oreos whole. You can do this with either a food processor or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. Place your crushed Oreo in a flour sifter or emptied salt shaker. Using your sifter, distribute the Oreo powder over each cupcake as desired. These cupcakes are meant to be served cold so be sure to place them in an airtight container and in the fridge until served.
Did you know?
That Oreos are vegan…
It takes an average of 59 minutes to produce a single Oreo! You could have a whole batch of cupcakes instead 😂